Cusco is undoubtedly one of the favorite destinations for foreign and national tourists. And how not to be, this city has many attractions. The railway company Inca Rail tells us what are the six main reasons why you should visit it.
1. Traditional and organic gastronomy. Cusco has a great gastronomic variety that has transcended from generation to generation and allows tourists to enjoy typical dishes of the ancient settlers with totally natural inputs.
2, Culture and folklore. This city stands out for its cultural and folk diversity that can also be enjoyed in nearby towns.
3. Tourist activities and extreme sports. Tourists can choose to make ecotourism, experiential or cultural tourism and for those who prefer adventure tourism can do trekking or hiking, rafting, paragliding or cycling.
4. Archaeological diversity The most important constructions are found in the city of Cusco, from churches, convents and museums. In addition, on each street stand out from their facades, to the frames of their doors and windows.
5. Quality products. In Cusco there are the best vicuña and alpaca textiles, and gold and silver products of the highest quality and design.
6. Tourist places. In addition to the winning destination of various recognitions, Machu Picchu, there are other places in the land of the Incas worth visiting such as the Sacred Valley, the Cathedral of Cusco, Moray, Tambomachay, Piquillacta, Museum of Pre-Columbian Art, Church of the Company of Jesus, Church of San Pedro, Huchuy Qospo.